Thursday, October 6, 2011

Comings and Goings

My wife is in KY visiting a friend.  She left at 3:30 a.m. yesterday but thanks to the internet we know she arrived safely and is having fun.  My mom arrived yesterday for an overnight stay and has left a short time ago. She visits rarely as she does not like to leave her cat alone, so it is a treat for us when she comes. Despite the personality quirks that occasionally drive one round the bend, there comes a time in life when mortality is more understood. Perhaps, losing Kirsty's mom so young also made if more real, but I feel lucky that she is still pretty healthy and able to enjoy life and be a part of ours. 

Tomorrow I have to have Rob at our church by 9 a.m. as the Youth Group leaves on a mission trip to Maine. There is a place midcoastally that does a lot for a very impovished area of the state.  The youth group goes and helps cut and stack wood for winter fuel, paint outbuildings or dorm rooms for the homeless who will reside there and sometimes help out with childrens games for any youngsters who may be guests at the time.  Rob was too young to go last year but this year at 15 he is eligible and excited.  He is pretty well packed, we just need to add toiletries and his meds.

My littles are going to really miss big bro Rob being gone as he will not return till Monday night.  So I have a variety of crafts planned to keep them occupied.  However this morning, KC woke with a cold so things may wind up being fairly low key.

Meanwhile I have been connected to work and doing what I can here at home.  This is not an optimal time for me to have to take 3 days off but through the magic of the internet and remote servers I am able to contribute a surprising amount from here at home. This is pretty much my first experience with remote working so it is kind of a marvel to me!  However the bong that my blackberry makes everytime a new email comes in that needs my attention gets to me after a while!

No comments: