Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bridges and Bargains

Rob took this  picture while he was away this weekend and I adore it. There is something sort of sculptural about it that appeals to me.  All my kids are pretty good with a digital camera.  I get by but tend to rush and the shots show it.  They help keep a memory but are not art. (though I can usually clean them up a bit with the computer!)  The pictures they choose to take are sometimes as insightful as listening to music with them or chatting with them.  It is another window into their essential self that they open to me and  I love that.

My stylish 15 year old found a really awesome suit jacket for $3.00 at a thrift store while they were gone.  Rob is really into creating his own style and I think that is great. I am stunned by the quality of the jacket that he got.  He was stunned by the fact that I figured out without being told that he wore it when the group went into town to go bowling. Yup, I know my kid! LOL 

I just don't do well at yard sales and thrift stores.  K says it is because I move too quickly and don't like to poke. I say it is because the stuff there is junk.  I think most times we are both at least 50 per cent right!

No comments: