Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Rob's Home!

Rob got home from his Youth Group trip last night and I was so glad to see him.  He had a great time.  He spent the weekend stacking wood for the shelter for their winter heat and helping to cook meals for the folks staying their.

Our director of religious ed said that there was one young boy at the shelter who really connected with Rob and cried when it was time for Rob to head home.  The kids were all loaded in their vans but Rob asked for the van to wait and spent time with the boy telling him things were going to be okay and to hang in there and keep doing good jobs and it would be all right.  (sniff)  My boy is growing up. My son is healing.

He spent the evening putting up his pictures on Facebook and explaining to me what the shots were all about while I did our piecework.  Today is back to work  at my office and I will miss the time I have had here at home.  Probably the longest uninterupted stretch of time in years..  But I am glad all my chicks are home again!

No comments: