Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fiona sort of calls

Tuesday is call night at our house and it is highly anticipated.  The kids and I eagerly await the ringing of the phone and a chance to catch up with Fiona.  Tonight the phone rang and it was Fi.  But she explained that she was going somewhere with some friends from school and the staff and she had to get ready so she really did not have time to talk. But she wanted me to tell all the kids hi and she loved them and she loved me too.

This is so huge.  I know she was prompted to call by amazing Jane, because my daughter's cognitive issues mean that she does not remember that Tuesday is call day.  But the fact that she was amenable to taking those few minutes and telling us why she couldn't chat was an enormous step forward in maturity for her.  Usually she is so in the moment that she can't see other issues or factors that should be considered.  Tonight she remembered how much her siblings and I love her and look forward to hearing her voice. Happy dancing time!

No comments: