Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Fiona is coming for an overnight!!!!


I got an email at work this afternoon that said Fiona had done it! She had earned an overnight at home.  I am super excited and so is she. So are the kids. So is the cat.  And the dog.  Well, you get the picture!  I want to be clear that the Great School has in no way with held this from Fi or from us.  It really took knowing that Fiona could stay safe in our home for this to happen.  So the agreement for this was that she would have 4 weeks of safe behavior. Safe behavior being defined as no acts of violence toward staff or self, no running away and no destruction of others properties. It took her a year to make this dream a reality. But it is on the horizon.

When I got the email from Jane she wanted to know when Fiona could come. I fired back an email but in the meantime she had called my wife.  K looked at our calendar which looks like everyone elses December calendar--in other words you can't see the days for the writing of things--and said how about next Friday.   I was afraid that this was too long for Fiona to wait.  She literally has almost zero concept of time.  I think when you work that hard and that long to make some deep seated behavior changes, you need a pretty fast reward.

So because I believe that and because I am a crazy person, this is what the tail end of my week looks like:
Wednesday  Take kids to fundraiser at indoor play area in our city.  There was a bad fire downtown last week and the proceeds benefit the 7 small business owners and the families displaced when a historic blg was destroyed.
Thursday:  mandatory company holiday party.  Tis the season to spread enforced joy!  LOL
Friday:  Leave work 1 1/2 hrs early.  Fi is due to arrive at 3 PM  Planning on some arts and crafts, some wii games and a movie.  She will sleep in my bed, I am relegating myself to an air mattress.
Saturday Staff will pick Fi up in the morning (time TBD)  Then I take the tribe to dance class.
Sunday-Church and then shopping.  I despise shopping on Sundays but it can not be helped this week.  I will now go take a vitamin!

No comments: