Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 101


It doesn't take much to excite me sometimes!  Blog awards totally make me giddy!  Like this one I just got from Dia at Rancho Chico  I am supposed to list 10 things that make me happy and do one each day. Then link back to Dia's blog (yippee!  I just learned a new internet skill with the linky thing!) and list 10 more blogs to award.  My ten happy things are:

1.  My family
2.  Music--especially reggae and latin rock lately
3.  Camping
4.  Gardening
5. Playing with the kids
6. Driving standard (what can I say; I HATE driving the van, love my Metro)
                                             7.  Maine, NH and VT--my fave vaca and hiking spots
                                             8.  martial arts
                                             9.  Cooking
                                            10. Reading and homeschooling (couldn't decide which so I lumped em together)

Now for another fun part.  Awarding 10 unsuspecting bloggers with the award!  Let me digress for a minute and say that a year and a half ago or thereabouts when I started blogging, i had no idea that the journey would be like this.  I sort of looked at this all as an on line journal.  I figured the upside was when I was done writing I wouldn't be figuring out what to do with a composition notebook filled with my musings.  I also wanted a way to record my kids coming home stories as though they have memory books, I hadn't written the complete story as fully as perhaps I could have.

It never ever  occured to me that anyone would want to read anything I was writing.  I remember almost falling out of the chair the first time I saw a comment.  Sheesh, here i was not even taking time to spell check and someone out there was reading this?  Yup, they were.  And there are even a few more intrepid souls now who stop by and read.  And I have found so many friends on the internet.  Such a fount of caring parents willing to share tips to handle the challenges our kids face.  That are willing to share hopes and dreams and the sad times when we realize that sometimes our dreams can't come true for our kids and we have to readjust.  There are folks who share gardening tips that especially brighten my days because the gardens of my minds eye never measure up the few hours of daylight that I have to devote to plants and horticulture.  And there are food blogs that I adore too.  With new ideas and cool twists on old recipes.  So now, now that I have found the internet is so full of  a wealth of friends and treasures, which 10 do I nominate.  (and some of these poor folks may not even know that I stop by their blogs sometimes as I often don't have time to comment.  So hopefully no one thinks I am stalking them (LOL) and here are the lucky recipients.

1.  Claudia at Never a dull moment   because I love her posts--and the pics of the new grandbaby
2.  Thorn at Mother Issues because they are thoughtful,and more well written posts than I will ever craft!
3.  Kari at Thoughts Preserved because her struggles w/ her kids challenges remind me so much of things I went through with Chet.  I felt so alone back then and even now, reading her blog is a comfort. Plus I love coffee as much as she does!
4. Carmel at On our way because she and her partner are foster parents with huge hearts and the love comes through in her writing.
5. SW24/7  at Eyes opened wider because her posts have helped me be much less cynical about social workers.  There are good ones out there; she is one of them.
6.  Cindy at Big Mama Hollers because she parents challenging kids with honesty, with love, and sprinkles in the most amazing horticultural knowledge!
7.  Sarah at postmodernfeeding  because of her amazing recipes.  Oh my gosh the amazing recipes!
8.  Ree at The Pioneer Woman http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/  is amazing.  Food recipes, amazing photography, homeschool tips and funny funny insights into her life. 
9.  Givers Log because I love the creative ideas.  And oh how I wish I had found that cake decorating site she listed before Lissa's birthday. 
10  And Kevin at my mind on paper a transracial adoptee sharing his story on finding his first family. 

Enjoy!

No comments: