Monday, January 25, 2010

A new celebration!

My kids continually crack me up.  At church this month the focus for the month has been on birthdays.  Birthdays being something everyone has and the whole Sunday school worked making birthday kits to be given out with the food at our church food pantry.  It was sobering to them ,I think, to come to grips with the fact that some kids might not get a birthday party.  We don't do expensive parties but hey, we always party! 

This Sunday was capped off by a birthday tea (actually 2 of them since we have a 2 service format) where the kids made goodies and decorations and invited the congregation at fellowship to sit at a table designating their birthday month.  It was fun for kids to hear grownups talk about their favorite birthday gift ever etc. 

In a couple weeks we will be celebrating Kirsty's birthday.  We have a lot of fun planning that and have some kicking gifts for her this year.  This coming Saturday we are celebrating Yule with Kirsty's side of the family and also her sisters birthday.  But that is not enough celebration for my brood.  LOL

KC informed me that we had to have a birthday party for his teddy bear and that Lissa's bear and dolls were invited.  Sooooooo, he has been busy making invitations, gifts for his bear out of bendyroos and has informed me that this gala celebration  will be Feb. 13th and I will need to make a bear cake.  My mom heard about it and decided she would like to come to the teddy bear birthday so I guess we'll have company for that.  And of course, Valentines Day is the following day and ehem, we celebrate that in grand style too! 

1 comment:

Todd said...

Hope everyone at/from the church enjoys their birthdays and presents. Sounds like you've got some good birthday parties planned :)