Thursday, July 22, 2010

C is for Carnival!

KC's carnival that is. The one he has been planning for literally months.  Most of the people he invited seem to be coming so he is a happy guy.  I am hoping the guests will have fun.  We are a low tech family, both by nature and necessity. (I priced a bounce house rental, choked on my beverage and clicked off the site!)  And really, there is no need for a bounce house.  He didn't ask for one.  He planned the games himself.  He planned the crafts himself. He chose the food himself.  This is his vision. 

On my way home from work I picked up the food things and the last of the decorations (helium tank and balloons.)  I stopped at the art store and bought tempera paint for the rock painting.  And some really cool marbelized construction paper for the mask making station.  We also have sand art for a craft.

Games will be clothespin in a bottle, a fishing game with fish in our wading pool (gently loved stuffed animals are the prizes for some of the lucky winners--actually I am the lucky winner if I get to get a few stuffed animals out of our house! LOL) We have a game where they try and toss a bean bag into different sized hula hoops--sort of like jarts without the pointy objects.  We have water balloons. We have cans to throw balls at.

And when people get sick of those things there are containers of bubble stuff, food to eat and the yard to run around in.  He is sooooooo excited and Lissa is getitng pumped too.   I hope I'll have time to take pictures as the event unfolds.

1 comment:

Todd said...

I must say, it sounds like the carnival is going to be lots of fun. Good job, KC!