Thursday, July 22, 2010

Please ignore the whining

I really should not be whining.  The tornado warning of a few nights ago did not send us spinning out into the skies.  I have a job when many people do not.  I even have kids who although they have some significant issues are waaaaaay less than what many of my blog friends deal with daily. 

But I am human and I gotta whine, so feel free to ignore.  About 3 or 4 weeks ago our dishwasher bit the dust.  It was a long expensive road to getting the new one properly installed and working.  I learned that I was not particularly happy washing dishes for our family.  But I consoled myself. It was temporary.  This too would pass. And ultimately it did.  We have a dishwasher now.  Pollyanna smiles once more.

 Several weeks ago on the way back from picking Rob up at camp the check engine light came on in our van.  In my happy Pollyanna way I hoped maybe it just needed to be re-set.  Sometimes that happens. It really did.  Once.  Anyway, it wasn't that and they found a bunch of things wrong.  We fixed the most pressing and got the light off.  We left nearly $700 poorer.  Still in my happy Pollyanna way, I said well at least this happened BEFORE the camping trip.  Would not want these things to go awry when we are pulling the camper.  It's all good.

The van really needs about $500 more of work and 2 new tires.  It is getting on in years and this should not be unexpected.  OK, says Pollyanna, aren't we lucky that our mechanic gave us the heads up on this so we can plan for this bill and get it done in September. It's all good.

Yup.  Then the lights fiasco happened with the camper.  We were supposed to leave at 9 and couldn't leave till 12:30 because of the emergency repairs--which cost another almost $200.00  OK still in Pollyanna mode, I said well at least we found out the problem early so we still got a bit of Friday.  At least we were not on the road getting rear ended because we had no brake lights.  It's all  still good.

Last night something yucky happened with the muffler of my Scion.  It sounds like I am driving a hot rod.  I hope it is something simple and not the cat converter which I know from painful experience is big bucks.  the car is used so the warrenty is up as I bought it in March.  I have not even brought it to our mechanic (who must chortle with glee at this point when he sees me coming.  I swear the next time I walk in I am going to bring him travel brochures because he has likely made enough for a kicking vacation off us!)  OK, I sigh.  At least I don't drive more than 3 miles to work.  I also know all the police in town because of my job. They are unlikely to ticket me for the noise violation.  I can ride this out for a while and not drive the Scion anywhere but work.  It's all still---pretty good.

Then I got up this morning.  K and I prepared to have our morning mugs of tea.  I need tea at 5:30 in the morning. Really. Need. Tea.  She went to pour soy milk in my tea from the pitcher (we make our own soy milk) But the soy milk was spoiled.  So was the cow milk.  Our fridge has died.  Sigh.  I am truly wondering what I did to offend the goddess!

2 comments:

GB's Mom said...

I hope one of the fates changes your luck. AND I hope your luck doesn't come my way :)

Todd said...

At least these things are happening one at a time. *hugs* Here's hoping you find a good fridge replacement or an inexpensive repair person. *crossing fingers*