Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sizzlin and Scorchin in the Northeast!

It was 100 or so yesterday.  It is a little cooler, say 94 or 96 today.  I am loving it. (just in case you all were prepared for a whiny blog post!)  I adore heat.  I don't mind that my house has no a/c.  I don't mind that my floors are hot and that I periodically wipe my face with noxema or witch hazel.  It is summer, high summer and I am loving it. 

I have been letting the kids stay up later as our second floor bedrooms are hot even when the fans are on.  Rob and I watched a movie together last night while I worked.  It was the one about the kid who finds out Poseidon is his dad.   I have all ready forgot the name but it was a cute movie and I got a lot of piece work done while I watched with him.

K is not nearly so joyful about the heat.  She has a really hard time with it and by 11 a.m. sounds like she is just wiped out.  I feel badly because I just feel the opposite.  She in heat, that is me in sub zero temps. That opposites attract thing so oh, so very true!

No comments: