Thursday, July 22, 2010

Last night Lissa's regular gymnastics coach was on vacation.  I looked in the gym and the sub had her back to me, but something about her voice and stature was vaguely familiar. Still, I was not focussing too much on it, I was talking to Lissa, chatting with my friend Laura etc. 

The regular assistant did the warm up so I didn't see the sub again till the groups split for the actual classes.  Then she turned and looked at me and just pointed.  And I started laughing, as she used to be my neighbor many years ago.  When Rob was in 3rd grade she moved but for the first few years that he was our son, they lived next door and her youngest daughter (2 years older than Rob) spent most of her days in our yard playing with Robbie.

She never knew that we adopted again after KC so she was looking all around the gym saying to me "where is the baby?"  She meant KC who was an infant when they moved.  Lissa was standing directly in front of me and I had my hand on her shoulder.  She still wasn't connecting.  I pointed down at Lissa and said "This baby is 3 and the baby you are talking about is 6 and dances!"  ROFL  The expression on her face was priceless.

Like the regular coach, she is impressed with Lissa's abilities and strengths (and I got a kudo for my spotting skills which was kind of neat!)  She gave Lissa a few things to do that the other kids were not doing and truthfully Lissa did them all with ease.  Gymnastics is just a big game for her.  She actually called me at work yesterday to remind me that it was gymnastics day.  (grin)  Not that i have ever forgotten but it is a sign of how much the wee miss loves it.

1 comment:

Todd said...

Very cool that she's good at it and loves it!