Sunday, October 3, 2010

Of friends and Facebook

Anyone who has read my blog for a while knows that I have no relationship with my father.  Most times I am rather philosophical--it is what it is.  My sister has a relationship with him and while I know that, most times I don't even think about it.

But the other day when I facebooked her, I saw that one of her activities was that she had written something on my fathers wall.  Like a spectator drawn to watch a car wreck I found myself clicking over to his FB page.  Which of course I could not access because I am not his friend.  But I could see that he has 4 friends and who they are.  My sister and the two children from his second marriage and one other person.

I am not sure what is sadder--the fact that I was not comfortable sending a "friend request" or the fact that the guy has only 4 friends.

1 comment:

Mama Drama Times Two said...

I too have been drawn to looking up my child's bio-fam through facebook - and then having to sit with the surreptitious info. It IS like watching a car wreck - isn't it?