Saturday, October 30, 2010

We hear from Dee

So last night  I checked Facebook really quickly.  I was shocked to see that Rob's brother Dee was on line.  I haven't connected w/ him in ages and ages.  I sent him a quick  IM.  Being so excited, I was not thinking clearly and wrote "Hi Dee, it's Lee.  I haven't seen you on line in ages and I know Rob will want to talk with you. He is in the shower so don't hang up."  There is a short pause followed by this answer "um excuse me but who is this?"  ROFL  So then of course i snap out of it a little bit and write that I am his brother Robbie's mom and that he had visited us a couple yrs ago.  He figures out who i am and there is more embarrassed (on his part) chit chat while we waited for Rob to get out of the shower.  we couldn't talk long as he was borrowing someone's computer but it was good to be able to say hi.  There is a possibility that he will be back on line today between 3 and 4. That will be a squeeze for us as the kids have a halloween birthday party to go to but we are going to do our best to make that work.

1 comment:

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

That was so sweet of you. I think the one thing I missed the most being in care was my brother and sister.