Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sundays highs and lows

In some houses Sundays are sort of laid back.  And there are some houses where the belief system dictates a day of "rest".  Not ours.  LOL  That is okay with me.  I like busy.  I am kind of hardwired for that.  Even when I was a kid our lives were busy.  A vacation meant painting the house or something!

So today,  I was up at 6 (which truthfully is sleeping in) and got the bathroom cleaned cause I forgot it on Saturday, did a load of wash and unloaded the dishwasher.  Had a leisurely breakfast before the kids woke (late for them at 20 of 7) and got everyone fed and dressed for church.  Noticed wife was still asleep.  Hmmmm.  She has been recently diagnosed as potentially having blood pressure issues.  She also has a heavy cold.  What to do?  I did the ironing.  It was now 7:30.  I crept up to her room.  I could hear snoring.  Knowing she was alive I crept away and she emerged at a bit before 8.  Amazingly, she came to church with us (we leave at 8:20)

After church I did a few more chores, cooked lunch and then the little kids and I walked downtown to enjoy a childrens festival at our local library.  I left Rob home to enjoy an afternoon of football.  Even though the Pats were not playing, I knew he would enjoy a few hours to just veg and watch the games.  The littles and I had a blast.  There was music, food, balloon art, face painting, glitter tatoos, crafts, and magic shows.  We were there for hours and the time just flew by.  And it was all FREE! 

I was so pumped when we got home and the minute I walked in my wife said I had to call the security officer where I work.  Severe emotional pain caused one of my residents to make a choice that I can't even contemplate.  I talked to this person 3 days ago.  And now -- they are gone. I dread talking to the family tomorrow.  And I wish I had known  and could have helped.

No comments: