Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturday catch up

It is getting chilly around here, folks.  I am wearing my fingerless gloves more days than not and had a heavy sweater on today when we were out and about. Sigh. These are the days I wish I lived in a clime like Georgia.  With the freedom to marry like in MA.  Guess I'll stick around and wear those woolies till the rest of the country becomes more openly accepting. 

But this wasn't really intended to get all political, I was just moaning about the inevitable freezing temps that are headed my way. But at least it was brilliantly sunny today. Sun counts for a lot with me. I worship sun.  I could  not live in areas with lots of gray rainy days.  I would fall asleep.  Like forever.  I have no energy when it rains and have to flog myself to do the minimal stuff.

Instead, today we did all our usual Saturday morning errands.  Except we added in a trip to a store to purchase slippers for Rob and KC who needed them. Also thermal underwear for the 2 littles.  More socks because someone eats one of each child's socks.  And since they have found 'fancy' socks that have insignias on them, or little kitties or sports logos, there is not a lot of use for one lone sock.  It basically has life as a sock puppet and nothing else.  In the good old days before my kids found fashion, I bought plain white socks for everyone.  They were so identical that I had to put colored dots on the toes to make sure they went in the right child's drawer after washing.  Not any more.  There is only one person in the house interested in princess and hello kitty socks for instance.  So we re-stocked the socks. (try saying that 3 x fast!)

We also made some cool little bats to decorate our front window. Tomorrow they should be dry as we outlined them with spooky glow in the dark paint.  My thought is to string them with invisible thread and it will really look like they are flying.

I did Lissa's hair so it will be fresh and nice for church and hopefully for the next couple of weeks.  This took about an hour but I let her watch TV so she was golden. We have not done much TV in recent weeks and have seen an improvement in behaviors once the detox from the tube happened.  Still, for hair day it can't be beat.

Got the bathroom shower curtain and mat washed and the kitchen floor swept and washed.  Laid out clothes for church tomorrow.  Let the kids play outside and then we played together inside.  Convinced Lissa that running and banging into each of our walls was not considered play.  LOL  Then convinced LIssa it was not a good idea to try a handstand on the couch.  If only Coach M. saw her at home she would know why I am so laid back at the school.  What happens there is not scary.  There are MATS for goodness sake.  And cushy ball pits, and harnesses.  At home,not one of those safety things exist.   Unless you want to pretend my couch cushion is a mat! LOL  Listened to KC play his recorder while I cooked supper.  He feels it is his civic duty to play for me daily, but he seems to genuinely enjoy the practice and it doesn't bother me a whit. Not only is  he not really 1/2 bad, but I once had to babysit daily a child who had to practice violin.  This dear sweet child played violin really really badly.  I think dogs were pained by the experience if they lived nearby.  I know I was.  By contrast, recorder is a piece of cake!

Now I am the only person up and I am bored.  So I think I will put together some muffins for tomorrows breakfast.  Or maybe some teeny little vanilla scones.  Mmmmm scones sound good!

2 comments:

Mama Drama Times Two said...

It has been chilly here, too. We saw our breath upstairs Friday night getting ready for bed! I hate all those single socks. Ever the optimist, I have saved them hoping to find their mates. Finally cut up two dozen for cleaning rags and tossed the rest last month. Already I have another pile of single socks!

Todd said...

The boy and I both wear those plain white socks. I had put a "T" on mine so I could keep them separate. Last nite I noticed he's getting low on socks because whenever I see one with a hole, I throw it away. So I gave him a couple pair of mine. This should be fun. Not really :-)