Friday, October 8, 2010

A holiday weekend approaches

This weekend I will take pics of the new floor and post, I promise!  This weekend is a long holiday weekend and I am looking forward to it.  Tomorrow we have our usual Saturday stuff starting at 7 and then in the afternoon I plan on taking the tribe to a local apple orchard (didja know that the real Johnny Appleseed was baptised in the town I live in?)  Anyway the town owns this last remaining apple orchard and there is a big festival there every fall.  It is also the same location where we have our community garden plot.  Which is also something we need to take care of this weekend as we need to remove our plants, and our landscape cloth etc.  Another growing season gone.

Sunday will be church in the morning and then in the afternoon I have promised Chet I will take him to a store that he wants to go to for a "Shopping Trip."  Every time he suggests such an outing, I swear it always sounds like he is saying it is capital letters.  Cracks me up.  The store he wants to go to sells DVDS and CDs.  He has been waiting for a time when I could leave the littles home with K and take him so he has as much time as he wants and needs. It was cute though, he wanted to know if Rob could come along with him and I said sure. 

Monday we are readying the house for fall.  We are deep cleaning the living room. Essentially this means sorting out the kids toys and re-doing the pictures on the cubbies so that they can be more orderly about things.  The days are growing shorter and their outdoor time is becoming limited and the living room is showing the strain of that!  I also want to get some bulbs in for some of our gardens, clean up the stones at the cemetary and put away the last of the outdoor furniture at the house.  Don't want to accomplish much do I? Oh and I have an idea for creating a halloween scene in our front window and want to help the kids with that.

In between I want to bake some cinnamon bread for their breakfast on Sunday or Monday and maybe some apple scones.  I know we will have a ton of apples that we will pick when we are up at the orchard so it is time to dust off all my apple recipes, and maybe find some new ones!

1 comment:

Todd said...

Looking forward to the floor pictures