Friday, October 1, 2010

Floor, Wreaths and Attitudes oh my!

Our new VCT floor tile is in and our floor guy thinks he will start the job on Tuesday.  I will unload the hutch in the kitchen tomorrow and move it out into the dining room and refill it with the china we use for feast days.  (it is not spectacularly beautiful but it is enough to serve 12)  It won't really take me long to do this and my days tend to start early so I should have plenty of time.

Except that I have also planned Halloween crafts with the kids.  We went for a walk tonight and collected acorns which we then boiled to kill insect larva that is usually inside them.  I figure the kids can paint them silver and gold and we can use them as accents in a fall swag we can make.  I WISH I could find milk weed pods to use as they look totally awesome. But nowadays in the times of overbuilding, there are not the fields that our city used to have and the only stands of them I know of are in a protected area.

KC has been testing his power lately with K.  Tends to back talk a bit, which is a very new character trait for him.  He will sort of do it with me but I tend to offer more choices (albeit of the spinach or creamed spinach variety, it still LOOKS like a choice!)  K is less about that.  She comes from a military family that sort of had to "jump to it" when they were told to.  It didn't work all that well with me suggesting that she try another style, but when she read a parenting website, she felt differently.  Based on the parenting website, his behavior is pretty typical and one of the strategies suggested is giving choices.  LOL

1 comment:

Todd said...

I'm so happy I didn't grow-up in a military family. I'd have out on my own at a young age had I been.

Anyway, good luck with the talking back.