Sunday, October 17, 2010

Not your Momma's jeans!

Rob and I went shopping this morning.  I had a little window of time between coming home from church and actually going BACK to church to chair a religious ed meeting.  So I thought we would do the deed and get the shopping trip done.  Have I mentioned that I hate shopping?  I am on line or catalog all the way, guys. But teen boys are iffy on sizes and styles and I also respect the fact that Rob is trying to develop his own sense of style.  So off we went to the store he had indicated had skinny jeans. 

Now I wear skinny jeans sometimes.  Low rise bootcut sometimes.  Kind of whatever is on sale or in the bag of clothes that someone gives me.  My style sense sort of rolls that way.  But when you are 14, your jeans define you and I truly remember that.  And I remember that I usually couldn't get what I really wanted when I was 14 because my parents could not afford it and I wasn't working enough hours yet.  But by 15, my jeans rocked. 

We get to the store and I ask him what he had in mind for jeans color.  I have in my mind, distressed, stone washed, white, black, grey or that deep overwash indigo. 

"Orange."  he announces.

Orange?  I bleat at him.  Like seriously, WHO wears orange jeans?  The great pumpkins grandfather? 

Lucky for me, and probably him, they don't have any orange jeans. (which for the record I would have bought.) 

We walked out with electric blue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Orange jeans! If you do find some please let us know. My younger daughter loves jeans of all colors she has the bright pinks, purple and neon blue but no orange. -heidi

Todd said...

Haven't ever orange jeans. Neon/electric blue sounds cool though.