Sunday, June 19, 2011

Ooma's Day

I woke up this morning to discover my family had declared today my day for celebrating, gifting and enjoying!  It was exciting.   "Ooma's Day" (I am Ooma and K is Mom) sort of roams around the calendar and depends on when K is free to help the gang with what they want to do.  Her weekend work schedule and the kids involvement in extra curricular things makes the actual date vary but it always happens.

I had muffins brought to me in bed.  Flowers from our yard.  Juice and tea.  And the most beautiful necklace and matching earrings that they all made together out of fimo clay. They are gorgeous and are sort of a teal blue with gold swirled through.  I looooove them.

Everyone had made me a card--KC made me three because he said you can never have too many cards! LOL

This all happened by about 7 a.m. and the thing was I had allocated a few hours to go to my office and work today.  I have a performance review this Tuesday, and  a housing audit Thursday.  This week will be singularly stressful and I thought getting some silly picky stuff out of the way would help alleviate that.  I got a ton of stuff done in only 2 hours and got home with lots of day left.  Time to watch them scooter and bike ride. Time to make lunch and eat it leisurely on the deck steps and read my book.  Time to finger paint with them and clean the kitchen. 

It's been a great day and I am a very lucky woman!

No comments: