Thursday, July 30, 2009

Friends far away

KC and Elisabeth's favorite music teacher moved to China this past month. Mike was totally beloved by both the kids. He has a great musical ability but perhaps even more importantly a way to help kids interpret music in very fun and creative ways. KC in particular was devastated that he was moving.

He asked me last week if I thought Mike had eaten any dumplings yet. I said I didn't know, but he could email him. Realistically I could have emailed the guy and asked, but I figure KC enjoys the computer and is really learning to sound out words. So by last night he had decided that he would email his former teacher and I helped him write his brief email.

When I checked email before bed, Mike had all ready written back, so I read it to KC first thing when he got up. He was very excited to find out that Mike had eaten no less than 18 dumplings! LOL Mike signed the email "your friend Mike."

After I read him the post, KC stood there for a minute really quietly (you truly don't know how amazing that is for first thing in the morning!) and then he just beamed and said "not 'just' Mike".
I bet he signs his next email "your friend KC!"

No comments: