Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Photo Walk

OK, I love photography. Had I money and time, it would be a serious hobby. I have neither so I have a lot of fun with a digital point and shoot. It captures moments and memories and I am cool with that. Also my kids like to take pictures. Well, Chet doesn't. I think it is as hard for him to visually filter and grab a shot as it is for him to filter audio sounds. He likes owning a camera though! LOL Rob likes taking pictures. Sort of likes nature shots, mostly I think likes taking pictures of people. Lissa is all ready intrigued but at 2 not ready to do much more than play with the toddler one I bought KC for Yule last yearThe camera was in response to his request for one of his own. He has been taking pictures since he was a very young 4. I introduced him to photography as a way to help pass the time when Robbie's Little League games were feeling a bit tedious to him. He'd usually borrow our camera somewhere around the 4th inning and keep himself amused till the end of our time there. He took to it like a duck to water and I have always found his pictures fascinating. There are the usual out of focus ones but there are always some that startle me with their perspective.

Tonight the weather was overcast and threatening rain. I was tired and freely admit I couldn't get up oomph for a night at the park in the dank. But I knew we needed to do something, so I decided we would take a picture walk. We walked around 3 or 4 streets with the kids taking pictures. Rob hasn't downloaded his yet but KC made me do his as soon as we got home. I am going to share my favorites here.


Some cool moss on a stone wall.
A rather close shot of an arbor vitae tree that we walked past.

Gorgeous roses that I loved as much as he did!



And a picture he took specifically for Kirsty. They might be wave petunias, I am not sure, but I love the shot.




The way a tree canopy looks when you are 5.
I love seeing the world through my kids eyes!


No comments: