Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Maple Muffin Recipe

Process asked if I'd post my muffin recipe, so here it is. First however, credit to Lauren Hogeboom who contributed the recipe to recipezaar.com

Ingredients:
1/4 cup Margerine (I use butter)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt (I leave this out)
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup rolled oats (I use the quick cooking kind)
1/2 cup milk (I use soy milk)
1/2 cup maple syrup

Glaze
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1 tablespoon maple syrup
dash of soy milk

1. cream together butter sugar and salt if you decide to use it. (I omit it because my butter is salted)
2. add flour baking powder, rolled oats and blend with pastry cutter till crumbly. (I confess Lauren is more precise than I. I take my measured dry ingredients and throw them in the Kitchen Aid with the creamed ingredients and let it rip!)
3. In a seperate bowl mix together mlk and syrup. ( i just take a measuring cup and pour 1/2 cup of syrup and 1/2 cup of milk into that and whisk it lightly)
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix gently. (again my friendly mixer does this)
5. Pour into muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.

I prefer mini muffins for this as they are sweet but a nice morsel and kids -- at least mine--would rather have a few small things on a plate than one big one. Weird, I know!

Glaze is just mixed together and spread on the muffins when slightly cooled. The milk is just added a dab at a time to get the right consistancy.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

process said...

Thank you! I'll try it this weekend.

Lee said...

Hope you enjoy it!