Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer joy!

Introducing "Gone Fishing Bear!"  Today would have been a good day to go fishing if I was so inclined.  And if I didn't have to go to work.  And if I owned a fishing rod.  etc.  We are having what I call "high summer" weather right now.  Lots of hot, hazy humid weather.  I actually really love it.  I store up memories of days like these for the other 6 or 7 months of the year when I wear fingerless gloves and walk around my house with a polar fleece cloak that makes me look like a cross between a demented wizard from Harry Potter and an overly tall Rangers Apprentice.  LOL

Others however are not so comfortable.   KC is noticably wilted in the heat and prone to headaches.  My wife tends to crankiness.  But for me, bring it on!  It is supposed to be like this most of the week.  It is good for our garden too.  At long last our community garden plot is beginning to burst with potential food.  Tons of blossom laden tomato plants and two small pumpkins all ready.  The  corn is growing tall as well.

 Ah summer--my favorite time of the year

No comments: