Monday, July 25, 2011

Why I'll never be one of the top 50 mom bloggers!

I scan a lot of blogs. Today I was reading Katie Granju's post on "monkey brain."  Monkey brain was such a cool name that I think it is why I took the time to read her post.  It was all about how to use social media to build a strong blog readership, get a lot of blog traffic and eventually be able to pitch ones blog to paid sponsors.

I'll give you that the advice was sound.  But some of the advice was just so not me.  One should have a strong message and not go haring about on a variety of topics. Well, the thing is my life goes haring about all kinds of places and that tends to be what I write about.  I am just way too easily excited/influenced/moved by all the things that are a facet of my life.  Write just about homeschooling?  Just about adoption?  Just about foster care or the trauma of disruption?  Just.Can't. Do. It.

So don't look for me on the top 50 Mom blogs. But I still love blogging! LOL

1 comment:

Denise said...

I love this post! I agree; there's just too much going on to post on one subject!