Thursday, July 14, 2011

This and That

Gratuitous cute kid pic has nothing to do with my post really!  I crack up when I look at this shot.  I have the same picture of Rob at age 8 (1 yr older than KC in this shot)  Except Rob is wearing a Red Sox hat.  KC is wearing the hat of his beloved Yankees!  Cracks me up everytime I look at it.

Things have been hectic at work lately.  The long weekend in the mountains sometimes seems a year ago instead of a few days.  Much of the drain is emotional.  My boss seems to be shooting himself in the foot left and right, despite all our best efforts to prevent it.  I almost wonder if it is sort of like how some people push a violent situation to a point where police intervene and you have a situation commonly called "suicide by cop."  It is almost like he can't just walk away and has to force the situation to be done for him.  It is sad. 

On the positive side, we have had a good response to the luau invites.  There are 11 attendees thus far not counting my kids.  Kirsty is infinitely grateful that she works on Saturdays still!  She can't get that I don't mind this and that it will be fun.  The limbo came this week and the various party gear.  I have to get the tie dye supplies  (pillow cases and the dye) and of course the food when the big day arrives but things are essentially done.  KC very sweetly looks at this as his gift to his friends.

The extremely hot and humid weather left us recently and we have had two evenings of fun at the parks.  The full moon is gorgeous and riding beautifully in the sky outside my window as I write this.  And the skunk that lives under our shed was out in the yard parading around with her three younglings.  (as I reflect on this, perhaps that should not be in the "good things" column, but despite the challenge with the dog, I think they are kind of neat.  I tried to get a picture but they retreated before I could.

No comments: