Thursday, November 5, 2009

A bit of good news

THE YANKEES WON THE WORLD SERIES!

OK I know I am not from NY. I have not even LIVED in NY. But there was a time in my life where the location we lived in only got NY radio and TV. See, I am old as dirt. Well, older than cable anyway and in those days, in certain valleys one didn't get other stations. So as a 9 year old i watched the Yankees with my family on TV. With only one station coming through it wasn't like i had lots of options. And I became a Yankees fan.

I confess I am the only Yankee fan in my family, but I have remained true to "my" team through thick and thin. I am a pretty easy going fan. I figure there are lots of teams for a reason--so that everyone can have something to cheer about some time. Rob is a died in the wool Red Sox fan as is most of my family and my extended family. KC has decided he is a Yankee fan. I have no illusions. This is because at 5 it is all about tweaking your older brother. The two of them talk an unbelievable amount of trash to each other about their respective teams. LOL

But at least this morning, after a mere 3 hours or so of interrupted sleep, I could share the good news with KC. He may be sick but he beamed!

1 comment:

Todd said...

I'm happy that your team won!!