Monday, November 30, 2009

Where did November go?

I am staring at the calendar.  November 30th.  The month is nearly gone.  Heck the whole darn YEAR is nearly gone.  And that amazes me.  I know it is because life is busy and full that time speeds by so quickly, but it still never ceases to amaze me.

Our screen saver at home is a constant stream of pictures that we have taken since 2005 when we entered the digital camera age.  I am sometimes brought up short by how much the children have changed in so few years.  Lissa in my arms with a bottle.  blink.  Lissa swinging on the big kid swing at the park.  2 years is not long.  But so much changes.  She is coming up on her third birthday and I think in some ways of all my children her changes have been the most pronounced.  She was a fairly fretful baby.  The drug withdrawals left her irritable and uncomfortable for a loooong time.  She was a light sleeper from day 1 (still pretty much is) and just seemed more traumatized by the whole experience of coming home with her new family than KC did.  Now truthfully this could be because KC was preemie and loved to sleep.  It could be that simple. 

All I know is that the baby who would not meet my eyes when I first  fed her, is now a toddler that cuddles me close.That pads into the bedroom most mornings to climb into bed with me.  The wee miss who wouldn't speak is now such a chatterbox your ears literally ring sometimes!  She has a fashion sense to rival mine.  We are both shoe divas and Lissa also  loves to wear skirts and dresses like my wife.  She at last loves books and can't wait for story time each night.  She is starting to enjoy music and playing games.  She calls "rollups" (the fruit snack) "robots" just to hear us laugh. She makes up riddles and jokes.  (they all involve a pig and doughnuts incidently!) Such a short time really, and yet, so firmly enmeshed in my heart I can not envision life without her. 

1 comment:

Mama Drama Times Two said...

That is so sweet. Tome does go by quicker these days ...busy or not, I think it is because I am getting older..there, I said it. OLDER.