Saturday, November 7, 2009

Convalescing

I never realized quite how badly I do "resting" and "relaxing" till today. I can go no where because the kids are still technically contagious. If we make it through today with no temps for anyone then we are allowed to venture forth into the world. I am wondering if Lissa and Rob are only going to get a light touch. Lissa has the cough and the congestion but not like KC did. Rob only has the sore throat and says it is less than yesterday. So perhaps their shots are at least helping them to fight it more effectively.

But back to the boredom. Saturdays are usually busy for us. We are out of the house from 9ish to 1ish and go lots of places and do lots of things. Some are routine like shopping and dance class but I usually try to squeeze in something kind of different too. Walk by a duck pond, lunch with K, visit an apple orchard. Not today folks. Today it is all about being home.

So, since we are early risers ,it is 10:05 a.m. and i have made a lemon dream pie for tonights dessert. I have scrubbed the bathroom totally and am washing the shower curtain and tub mat as we "speak." I have sterilized the entire kitchen, scrubbed two foot stools and am soaking tub toys in a mild bleach solution. I have tidied the living room. I have showed Rob how to set up his Facebook account.

Truthfully there is not a lot of housework left. I have beds to make (I stripped them back to air) and the kitchen and bathroom floors to wash but beyond that, I am pretty well done in the house chores dept. There are 5 billion leaves out there but I can't leave the kids inside while I work on them and I can't send Chet out to work on it unattended. He needs constant redirection for that task. Don't know why; we rake leaves every year, but it is what it is.

I figure after lunch I am putting a giant sheet of paper on the island and we will finger paint. And i have plans for making a holiday paper turkey with the littles if they feel up to it. But it is going to be a loooooong boring day for the Ooma! LOL

1 comment:

Todd said...

Ah, Saturdays. USUALLY pretty boring around here too. Okay, not really, there's just nothing on tv. LOL. Yesterday was good. Washed the car windows. The rest of the day just FLEW by though. It was weird. Hope your Sunday is good though. <3