Sunday, November 29, 2009

Soothing Sunday

I enjoy entertaining.  I have also come to realize that I also enjoy when it is done. Because I am done.  d.o.n.e. with my mom's little digs about my children and my relationship wtih them.  Done with the kids being a bit ramped up because it has been a virtually nonstop stream of people to entertain and be entertained by.

Though technically I could have bailed on church today; there was no Religious Ed program for Rob's group today though there was for KC.  However the speaker was speaking on Islam and about how true Islam has nothing to do with terrorism and wars and such.  It was well worth hearing and I am glad I went.  The speaker converted to Al Islam in the 70's and he positively exuded peacefulness and was a fascinating speaker.  As someone who truly worried for my eldest son when he walked downtown after 9/11 I greatly enjoyed hearing him.

But part of my reason for leaving was that if I left with the tribe, I knew my mom would be inspired to return home.  And she did.  (evil chuckle)

After church I took Chet shopping for Lissa's birthday gift and Yule gift.  KC gave me instructions to get Lissa something princess like from him for her birthday.  I did (a princess wand) and I survived taking Chet to Toys R Us.  Truly I deserve an award! Chet in a store is something you have to see, have to experience, to understand what I mean.

He is essentially instantly over stimulated.  He is in my space and the space of every other shopper in the store.  He is loud.  He is trying to push past old ladies pushing shopping carts.  It resembles a bit unleashing Attila the hun and his hordes on the shopping world.  Not that I love shopping, but I don't want to leave prone bodies in our wake! 

Chet wanted to get Lissa a doll that helps with dressing skills. The toy store didn't  have it.  They recommended trying Wa*mart.  Uh huh.  that was so not going to happen.  If Chet was over the top at Toys R us.  Imagine what it was going to be like in a bigger venue.  So I convinced him that a paint set for one holiday, and a magna doodle for the other would work well.  And we left.  Shoppers amazingly enough, were still standing!

No comments: