Sunday, January 23, 2011

Giving up on Winter!

OK, goddess are you listening?  I am d.o.n.e. with winter.  Bring some warmer days.  Pleeeeze!  I will give you that we have had more daylight.  But warm?  Not really.  My thermometer this a.m. (which is notoriously inaccurate because it is close to the house and sheltered) says that it is 7 degrees this morning.  I am tired of sleeping in flannels, with a warmer at my feet, wool socks and handwarmers.  Who sleeps in fingerless gloves for goodness sake?

It was partly with this in mind that the kids and I decorated for Valentines Day yesterday.  I took down 90 per cent of our extensive snowman collection and replaced them with fat cupids, luridly glistening hearts and artificial roses that looked almost real.  I am thinking of taking those snowmen that i took down and building a bonfire in the back yard and burning those suckers!  LOL  Well, maybe I will just settle for thumbing through the catalogs and doing more garden dreaming!

1 comment:

Mama Drama Times Two said...

We still have some red decorations up - transitioning from one holiday season to another is slow in my house. For Christmas, The Other Mother got me cream colored fleece gloves and a hat that match my new robe specifically to sleep in because it is that darn cold in New England as you know! Maybe for Valentines day I'll get fingerless gloves?