Sunday, January 16, 2011

Pranking the Parents

I love seeing Rob find ways to play pranks on us.  K calls it "tweeking the parents" and it may be that too.  But it cracks me up.  Here is the most recent example:

Last evening after the socializing was over, I went into our work room and started watching football while I did some piece work.  I couldn't figure out why there was NO commentary on the station.  You could hear crowd noise, and you could hear the refs, but you didn't have any talking heads dissecting plays.  I thought it was weird cause this was a playoff game, but didn't do much about it. Rob was sitting quietly in the room reading his new Skulduggery Pleasant book and glancing up at the TV from time to time.  I didn't think much about that either.   It would be hard to choose which he loves more; football or that particular series of books, so I figured he was combining the best of both.

Playoff game number one finishes.  Playoff game number 2 starts.  This time there are talking heads. . . and they start talking in Spanish!  All the ads are in English, all the commentary continues to be en espanol.  Doesn't bother me actually as I can understand what they are saying. However, Kirsty doesn't speak Spanish and is getting annoyed.  She goes to the living room and checks the tv in there and comes back and reports that they speak English in the living room.  She turns the TV on and off.  Rob leaves the room suddenly to take a shower.

She fiddles around with the remote doing weird stuff and now I am getting annoyed because I am missing plays while she does the fiddling.  So she gets on the phone to call the cable provider.  She is on hold for a looooong time.  About the time she gets a real person, Rob comes out of the shower, sees her on the phone and reaches over and grabs the remote. Goes to something called settings and clicks something that makes the spanish go away.  Then he laughs hysterically.  So do I.  I wonder if he and Chet had bets on how long it would take the parents to figure this out? An added plus was that he fessed up right away that he did it, which allowed me to just revel in the humor of it.

2 comments:

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

"They are speaking english in th living room". Classic!!!! LOL, LOL, LOL!!!

Cricket said...

Hahahahaha..that's awesome!!