Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Love is in the air

Sometimes my mom can be really cute and funny.  She was married to her second husband for over 20 yrs and he passed away more than a  year ago.  The last years of his life were filled with lots of care taking and my mom was devoted and diligent. There was a 20 year gap between their ages so while he was in his 90's when he passed, Mom is only in her 70's.

This year she started seeing a fellow from the church she attends. They have been doing "date" stuff, going to movies, dinner out and dancing etc.  He had her to his place and cooked for her, she had him to hers and (poor man) she cooked for him. They are going away over Valentines weekend to a really cool hotel.   Anyway, I think it is great.  I can see in my moms daily emails to me her great joy in life.  I can hear it in her voice when we talk on the phone.  So what is not to like about that?

Well I had to spend a solid month convincing her that I was really okay with this.  Yup, a solid month.  I am not sure why.  I was never upset when she met and married husband number 2.  In fact, I was an adult at that point in my own relationship and raising a young child.  But I think I managed to finally convince her that I am okay with this.

She has finally decided she will bring G down to meet us this spring. It is sort of a reverse thing of the kids bringing their date home to meet the parents and it just cracks me up.  What can I say? I have a warped sense of humor.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ahem....I hope he meets with your approval. :)