Monday, January 31, 2011

Sunday Successes

Sunday was full of glistening moments.

1.  Chet did remarkably well in a workshop setting.  I had spent the two weeks prior in dialogue with someone who could facilitate his participation.  He needs to be there. He has questions about his sexual orientation and  this is a safe and excellent place to explore this.  However workshops have their own etiquette and he barely understands more traditional social settings.  I got 2 thumbs up from the facilitator when I stopped in at the end which made my day.

2.  Rob played the piano where others could hear him!  He is doing extremely well in his classes according to his instructor.  But he is so shy and afraid of whatever that he practices with headphones on so that you can't hear the music he makes on the keyboard most of the time.  He also went on a field trip to a cat shelter with our church youth group and wants to volunteer there.  This is great because although the shelter is a fair distance from us (not great) I do think that Rob could ultimately find a vocation in some form of animal care.  He is a kid who all animals like.  He is so quiet and calm that I have yet to see any animal shy away from him.  He doesn't rush them and they know it. But up till now, suggestions of volunteering at a dog day care or something like that have fallen on deaf ears.  He would tell me his goal is to play pro hockey in Russia because you get paid more there.  The smaller details of not knowing how to skate or how to play hockey eluded him. LOL

3.  My Sunday school class went great and KC and Lissa were excited that I was teaching their class. That age group is always easy to teach as long as  you over prepare in the activity area.

4.  Shaun White made X Games history in winning 4 gold medals in 4 consecutive games.  (OK so I am not all that mature sometimes! )  Rob and I watched him board to victory when he got home from Youth Group.

1 comment:

Katie B said...

When he gets a chance, have Chet explain to me how one is to behave in a workshop. I feel uncomfortable in them every time! :)