Monday, January 31, 2011

How to deal with the weather forecast

It is going to snow.  Again.  For 2 or 3 days.  And maybe throw in some ice just for the joy of messing with us.  Now if anyone from the arctic circle, or say, MI or MN happen upon my blog, the fact that we have 61 inches of snow on the ground is not going to faze them.  They would laugh, maybe sneer, maybe chat apres ski over the wimpy New England chick who was whining about snow.  But I am done, people. And winter isn't.

Which is why I am turning my thoughts to other things. Like KC's luau.  A few months after his carnival last  July he announced that this year he wanted to have a luau for his friends.  I was initially taken aback by the idea--and I still don't know what made him decide on that theme.  But it is intriguing.  And what has been fun is that both of us have just let it jell in the back of our minds over the months.  I came up with an idea of having a tie dye activity station first.  That was a thumbs up from KC.  He came up with an idea for making leis or shell style necklaces.  We both thought of a slip and slide on almost the same day which was funny.  I'm thinking moon sand or maybe making those candles that you pour the wax into the sand.  Fruit kebobs watermelon slushies and lemonade are about hte only edibles we have come up with so far.  Food is usually the most challenging as one of his friends has some really significant, wide ranging food allergies.  Oh and he wants to do the limbo.  And maybe have a hula hooping contest.Thinking of summer fun warms me right up!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I swear...I don't know how y'all do it up there. I feel guilty complaining about 6 inches on the ground for 5 days. Yikes.

Yesterday was 70 and sunny here. I stayed in the sun. :)

Mama Drama Times Two said...

Yeah 4-8 tomorrow and maybe 16-18 Wednesday followed by more ice and sleet. Ummmm. Why is it we like New England? A Luau sounds fantastic right about now...while I am shoveling for the next three days I will try and think of some Luauish things to keep my mind occupied!

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

I could really use a luau right about now. I stopped at Trader Joe's for milk on the way home from work and there wasn't a single loaf of bread left on the shelves. Too funny, we are in michigan for goodness sake!

Dia por Dia said...

Yikes. We do miss the snow here in Texas but not that much! Luau's are fun. Xmas tree shops was great for inexpensive decorations and goodies when we realized we'd still be in MA for Corazon's.