Thursday, January 13, 2011

More on Dee

In some cases with my adoptive kids I have not had much information provided.  In other cases, I got a lot of info that came "accidently."  For instance, for both KC and Lissa I got information packets from the hospital that they were born in. It had lots of family history info and also the addresses of their parents at that time. I know I wasn't supposed to get it, but I didn't ask for it. So I looked at it as good karma for the time that if they want to search.  I have saved the packets and it at least gives a good launching place.

When I asked Jane about Dee's mailing addy, she said she couldn't give it, but she would supply his social worker info.  She would also email the social worker introducing me and copy me.  Now I don't know if she meant to do this but what she did was use an email that had been going back and forth between Jane and a number of professionals involved in Dee's case.  It gave a  whole chronology of Dee's recent experiences, his address, his clinicians name and address, the whole spiel.  My wife thinks that it could be a case of Jane doing this "accidently on purpose" so that I have the back story.  I think it is more a function of the multi tasking that she was doing--emailing it while monitoring the phone call.  In any event I will not mail the card even though I technically have his address as I would not do anything to jeopardize the excellent working relationship I have with Jane.  At any rate, I have called his social worker and left a message, so hope I hear from her soon.

No comments: