Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

The first thing the kids wanted to do this morning was to see if our boats had sunk during the night so that their new year wishes would come true.  LOL  I am happy to report that every boat was consigned to the blue depths of the punch bowl and the flowers were floating rather beautifully on the top. 

Other than our Brazilian celebration New Years Eve was quiet here.  Rob and I watched a movie--The Other Guys, which was really funny.  Rob enjoys being the guy to pick the movie for us, and we both like Will Ferrell a lot.  I confess that I laughed so hard the year we went to see Elf that I was afraid they were going to throw me out of the movie theater.  So it was a great night and I was in bed before midnight.  Which is also good because today we finish de-Christmassing our house.  Yesterday we took down lots of the things but today we do the tree and organize the stuff in the attic. We have so many decorations (think 11 boxes of them!) that they are catalogued in the attic so we know what is in each box.  We should be done by 10 and then the day is ours for fun and family.

I am not one much for new years resolutions.  I do them some years and not others.  Always with very varying success rates.  This year, I don't feel so moved, so we will see. 

No comments: