Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Neither sleet nor snow nor freezing rain. . .

Well snow at least!  Probably 10 or 15 inches of it at least and it is still coming down.  However (drum roll please!)  I still got to work on time at 8 a.m.  LOL  My boss could not believe I showed up .  He said I drive a roller skate. (my commuting car is a Scion).  The thing is a) I have numerous children to help shovel me out.  I fed them well, put shovels in their hands and pushed them out the door.  Also, b)  my car is  a standard and thus I have lots more control than if it was say, the van.

In other non-weather related news, we talked to Fiona last night.  She was extremely excited as she had just completed a letter to Dee.  I asked Jane if she was able to give me his mailing address and due to the issues surrounding how information is diseminated she was not.  She was able however to give me me his case workers name and number which was a huge help.  I have put in a call to her to see if I can have his mailing address.  His birthday is coming up and I want to send a card.  I always do a greeting via FB but I know he doesn't consistantly have access to that account.

No comments: