Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Fiona and Birthday Prep

Last night was unexpectedly hectic.  Kirsty had agreed to go back to the place we work and hem a dress for one of the teen girls who will sing today in her school's holiday chorus.  Lots of people (me included!) can't sew nowadays so her seamstress abilities are often utilized.

Fiona was not supposed to call till today so I had planned to take the troops to the local party store after supper and get the paper supplies for Lissa's birthday party which is tomorrow.  We took the store by storm as usual.  My kids adore going there.  We found princess themed plates and napkins, a pink tablecloth, lavender treat bags, a unicorn pinata and stuff to fill it.  Pastel colored balloons and giant shiny silver doilies to use as placemats rounded out the purchases.  Oh, but I forgot we also got a tiara for the princess and party hats for the rest of us. 

Came home and as I walked in the door the phone was ringing and it was Fiona.  Although Jane was not there and we had rescheduled the call, staff were confused and had been trying to call us while we were out.  It was a good call with Fi, but I felt terrible. I am always here when she calls.  I am diligent about this because to Fiona anything that looks like you didn't follow through is a huge breach of her trust.  So I hope there is no fall out later.  Sometimes it happens after and not during, so I have my fingers crossed here.

On the plus side, her last gift arrived yesterday too.  I have been stressing because she wanted a Hannah Montana lamp and they are hard to find.  They were sold out locally and even at the usual sites I go to on line.  Additionally I needed to make sure that the shade and body of the lamp were not glass as that is a school requirement.  It came yesterday and looks cute and meets all the criteria.  I wrapped that last night and except for helping the kids get their gifts wrapped, we are all set for next weeks visit.

Today Kirsty is going to make Lissa's cake.  It has to be sculpted to look (hopefully) like a snowy hill so we thought we would start a day ahead. Clearly my kids watch too much Cake Boss and Food network. I never thought of stuff like this when I was 4  LOL

No comments: