Monday, December 20, 2010

A tree Lissa won't knock over!

Actually, she will eat it instead! LOL  This was one of our craft things that I came up with tonight to help the kids pass time.  This is easy peasy, so in case any of you are looking for a quick craft or centerpiece for a kid table, here you go!  Best of all for me, this stuff was all lying around our house.

The tree structure is one of those foam cones.  I covered it with old wrinkled tissue paper that was too wrinkly to wrap a present in and too yucky for a gift bag. (which would beg the question why I still HAVE it! But you see, wrinkles are fine for crafts and mosaics and making stuff for our windows!)  Then I took a bunch of left over Halloween candy (our neighbor gave our kids an entire bag of Charms lollipops)  There was about 1/2 a bag still left.  The kids and i just jammed those in randomly.  I didn't really have enough lollipops to make them fill the entire tree so I just left spaces, like they were ornaments.  Then we stuck little foam shapes for the rest and voila, instant centerpiece for our solstice table tomorrow! (well that and something yet to be determined that will use 3 bags of glowsticks!) LOL

1 comment:

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

That looks like a lot of fun! i am glad she didn't get hurt by the other tree!