Monday, December 6, 2010

Planning for busy

This week has  a fair number of appointments which we adults find exhausting but at least it gets the majority of them done really compactly.  Tomorrow Rob has his ocular pressure check.  I am always nervous about these.  We have been blessed to be able to control the glaucoma with only drops for many years now and I always worry at the back of my mind that something more invasive will eventually have to happen.  After his eye appointment, K is taking the gang into the Big City to the aquarium.  We bought a membership when we went this summer as it would allow multiple visits for our large family for less than the price of a day pass.  This is also a great carrot to hold out to KC and Lissa who are stuck sitting in the doctors office watching their brothers eyes dilate!

Wednesday, we have 3 dental cleanings, back to back.  Oddly enough my children adore going to the dentist.  I am really dentist phobic due to some hideous experiences in my youth.  I go, but never with a happy smile on my face and joy in my heart! My kids make pictures for the dentist, cookies for the dentist, can't wait to pick out their new toothbrush from the dentist.   Clearly I am being a good parent and requiring that they develop their own phobias and not take the lazy way out and piggy back on mine!  LOL

Rob had a great time at the hockey game last night.  He told me there were several "good fights"  with a big grin on his face.  He knows that is my beef with hockey; that violence is not just condoned but almost expected.  I don't mind that he went, and I understand the teen boy mindset, I just look at it differently and figure its good that 2 people who are positive influences in his life express divergent opinions.  (his godfather and myself)  He is of an age where he has to start making some choices on his own and I know that doing that is really stepping out of his comfort zone.  I wasn't like that; I was making my own choices from a very early age.  But he needs baby steps and I am all right with that.

No comments: