Monday, December 13, 2010

Wrap-A-Thon 2010 begins tonite

I do most of my holiday shopping in July.  I have a little more money then and since I shop for 5 kids and my wife and a few extended family members, I need to plan ahead. I am the anal type. I have a spread sheet detailing who gets what.  Not because I am OCD but because if you buy something in July it is pretty darn hard to remember who it is for come December.  My biggest problem is hiding the stuff.  It always looks like a gargantuan amount of gifts. In reality it is 5 gifts per kid which isn't really extravagent, it is just there is a lot of us. 

Tonight Kirsty took the kids out to look at holiday lights and I unearthed their various gifts from the nooks and crannies of my bedroom while they were gone.  Brought them downstairs to the new hiding place/holding station and tonight I will begin to wrap.

Lissa still can't read so I think I will still go for the color coded system that I have used the past few years.  Santa leaves a note that says what color each child's wrapping paper is and they then don't accidently open someone elses.  Any family gifts are specially designated and placed to the back of the tree.

I got my check from my consignment store sales today so I will buy stocking stuffers this weekend and I will take care of those later.  Those are easy as I twist the things into colored tissue paper and rarely even use tape.

Let the wrapping begin!!  LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to tell you that I love reading your blog because you are so upbeat and positive. Your children and wife are lucky to have you.

Lee said...

Thanks! :-) I think the luck is pretty mutual! (grin)