Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy December First!

A new month.  Lots of fun and opportunities.  And stress.  LOL  I choose not to focus on STRESS!  We have a fair  amount of it--Yule tide preparations, Lissa's birthday this month, and it is the coming home anniversary for Chet this month and the anniversary of our first meeting for Rob. So pretty  much everyone gets into the act.  Behaviors will gradually go south.  I am used to it pretty much by now.  And in fairness, much of our holiday prep is pretty home grown.  For instance one of the things the kids love is that we take paper that is on those big rolls.  And we roll out a double row of it top and bottom and tape it to our dining room wall.  And over the course of a week--or two, K and the kids make our December mural.  One year it was Rudolph looking in the window.  One year it was a tree and a fireplace with little stockings for everyone.  K is really artistic and can draw just about anything.  The kids help make bricks for chimneys, dimensional tiles for roofs, etc.  It is a lot of fun but it is the kind of fun that brings us together and centers us.  The paper is up and I can't wait to watch the magic unfold on the blank canvas!

1 comment:

Dia por Dia said...

Hi Lee,
Glad the Thanksgiving holidays went so well for your family. I can't believe it is Dec. 1. We usually do the house decorating on Dec. 1 so that is my goal for today. I just wanted you to know how much I enjoy your posts. I cannot ever get my act together to stay caught up and comment regularly so I just spent my "quiet time" this morning catching up on your November. Where did that month go? Here's to an even better December.

Best,
Dia