Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I heart Coquito!

Coquito is sort of an eggnog-esque drink.  I had it the first time when we went to Puerto Rico to visit friends just after Christmas.  I was surprised that I liked it as it has a coconut cream base.  I do not like coconut as a general rule.  But coquito?  I LOVE coquito!  This year the lady who runs the computer lab where I work (and is of Puerto Rican heritage) made a biiiiiiig bottle of coquito just for me.  Yum!  Course i only have a small glass at night. I am not really that much of a drinker but oh, it is so yummy.  And my house is so darn cold in our pantry that I don't even have to keep it in the fridge!  Here's a link to a traditional coquito recipe if anyone ever wants to try making something yummy for themselves.  You'd think for how easy it is that i would find time to do this at the holidays!

www.recipezaar.com/Coquito-48799

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh my! This sounds yummilicious!

Love how you "travel" for New Year's. Fabulous idea!