Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Solstice Night

Last night was really nice.  We had a solstice supper (not fancy; it was kid food, folks!!) but the dining room looked really pretty.  We used the white table cloth that has snowflakes stamped all over it and on the wall in the dining room we hung a snowflake decoration I got this year.  It has a suction cup gizmo and a battery inside allows the crystal snowflake that dangles from a thin cord to change color.  It was perfect and much loved by the kiddos.

We had our vote for the Heifer Project donation and I am pleased to announce that we will be buying a flock of chickens for some lucky family! Ducks came in second and only one lone vote for bees. It was interesting and fun, and hey the change jar originally started because one of my children has light fingers.  I instituted the money jar (which tells you how much is in it at the top) because the rule is all spare change goes there.  That way there could not be money in his room that he "found" and arguments over whose it really was.  I like that it has evolved into something that is not really a negative consequence of his impulsiveness and insecurities and has instead become something we all feel good about.

I thought I would get KC's scrapbook done but he woke from sleeping on the couch early in the evening so that didn't happen.  However I have printed off a bunch of pictures and graphics through Thanksgiving so I should be able to wrap it up tonight.  Then I need to get ready the photo calendars that KC and Lissa are giving their godparents, their Nana and their Aunt.  But today is my last day of work before the holidays so it is all good!

3 comments:

Todd said...

That is cool how the loose change jar morphed into something positive.

Glad to hear the migraine went away too.

Mama Drama Times Two said...

Wishing your family a great holiday - we'll be in VT for school break and I'll miss reading all the news from my favorite families!!!

Mary B. said...

I have printed off a bunch of pictures and graphics through Thanksgiving so I should be able to wrap it up tonight.