Friday, December 11, 2009

Post Concert

Post concert, as in after the event, but also a post about the concert from my sleepy little brain!  Rob had such a great time (and so did his Ooma!)  We saw 6 acts,  Owl City, Boys Like Girls, Sean Kingston (YAY!) Jay Sean, Jordin Sparks and Rob's fave band, The Fray.  Oh and Justin Bieber so I guess it was 7 acts? Actually all the acts were really really good.  Well, Jordin Sparks was kind of weak but the poor girl.  I think in a different line up she might have come off better.  She has a great voice just not the stage presence of the other singers.  But she gave me a reason to sit down in my seat for awhile! LOL  Rob didn't mind the fact that I was singing hollering and dancing as all the people around us were--except for Rob and the 2 other dudes next to him. They would stand though, and Rob's eyes were glued to the stage the whole time.

We could see really well.  The stage was close for us but we had a bit of elevation; I suspect we saw better than the floor seat people.  But there were 2 jumbotrons to give close up shots of the acts as well.  Rob bought himself a commemorative Tshirt ($30.00) and I bought a water ($3.00)!  I'm all about hydration what can I say.  I won't pay $30.00 for a dress so I am so not going to buy a t-shirt for that price.  But he had the money and I told him whatever he wanted if he had the money for it and it was legal, he could buy it.

In many ways I am --well, polite people would say "young at heart."  People less charitable might say "immature."  I figure my kids keep my mind youthful.  But in some ways, you can tell I am not a teenybopper.  Like the tickets said "no food no cameras."  So I took them at their word.  I left the digicam at home.  But the other 9000 people did not.  And nothing happened.  People were videotaping with their camera phones.  The girls behind us had me snap their picture with a real sharp looking digital camera.  And me?  Our camera was HOME because I was being such a good do-bee!  I don't think Rob cares.  We have the t shirt and the ticket stubs to remember the night by.  Oh and the bags under my eyes!  We got home about midnight.

KC was awake when I got home.  He had slept till 10 but then woke and K couldn't get him back to sleep.  When I got into bed, Lissa was awake in the next room so I had to settle her too--and then Little Miss Sunshine woke up at 5:30 a.m.. today.  I was planning on sleeping till 6 (which is 15 minutes later than usual for those who care!) but instead was awake 30 minutes earlier. 

But it was worth it.  It was like what they say on those credit card ads.  Sharing an experience with your son, making memories--priceless.

1 comment:

Todd said...

So happy that you all had a great time. Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you. *smile*