Saturday, December 12, 2009

Yule tide picture 2009


I don't put a lot of time into shots for the Christmas cards!  First off, it is really hard for Chet if you spend a lot of time fussing with him.  His autism means that he doesn't like being touched all that much and the more you try and tweak posture, or expression the worse he looks.  The more rigid, the more the smile looks like a grimace.

Rob on the other hand almost always does a great shot, and Lissa and KC are 50/50 mixes.  We need a picture though to send in cards to friends and family that have become far flung as the years have passed.  Our friends that have known us the longest often find us odd as their kids are all off at college or married and we are still raising a family.  Out of step with their lives, they still like to hear from us, probably so they can shake their heads bemusedly.

K hadn't had time for the photo shoot so today I blocked out 20 minutes (yes really!) and did it.  I took a plain disposable table cloth and stamped blue snowflakes on it.  Then I tacked it over our front door.  Took a tote and covered that with a red tablecloth, and arranged the kids so quickly no one had time to fuss, stew or freak.  Then I snapped this picture.  This one picture.  For the record, KC says he is holding his hands like reindeer feet in the picture!  LOL  I am saving the table cloth to use for our solstice supper as I can't bear to just toss something and I know it won't survive a whole year till next  year.

Now to get Kirsty to print off the pictures and for me to find time to write the cards.  Gotta love the holidays!

2 comments:

Mama Drama Times Two said...

You are so on top of things...cute picture!

Todd said...

You done good. Nice picture! :-)