Sunday, November 28, 2010

How I relax

Clearly, I am not a sit and sip tea and eat bon bons kind of gal! I have not had to do our piece work since Wednesday night.  We usually get one or two long breaks a year and this one fell at a really good time.   I got so much done and feel so good about it.  Not just the cooking of course.  But I also caught up 2 of the 3 scrapbooks.  I have pages made for Lissa but need to get sleeves to insert them. So they are almost all set. 

Then I did lots of holiday decorating. And last night, I began writing our cards.  I love the fact that my card list is on google docs now.  Made it quick and easy to print off and start writing. And although I do craft a "holiday" letter of sorts, I keep it up on the 'puter and tailor it to each friend I am writing to.  I used to feel like I was cheating, because long ago I would handwrite each card.  However, I don't mind anymore.  Other things in my life have changed as I have embraced--I do my check book on line for goodness sake.  So why stress over the letter? 

The kids and I are working on a wreath that will hang on our shed. We will be able to see it from the kitchen window.  Yesterday we painted a ton of acorns that we have collected to decorate it with. Then we will fasten them somehow, add some glittered milk weed pods, pine cones and berries.  They are having fun getting things ready  I think one of the things I love the best about the holidays is the stuff you do leading up to the day. In a lot of ways I love that almost more than the actual celebration.

No comments: