Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Words from the Voiceless

I have been sick for a few weeks now.  Not ever REALLY sick.  See the minute I get a sniffle I chow down on these herbal zinc things that I got at the health food store. They usually get rid of the what ails me in 24 hours.  Except this time, it didn't quite work.  I would feel better but still slightly symptomatic. The sore throat would linger slightly till 4 p.m.  The sniffles would never quite leave.  Etc.  You don't want to know each symptom I am sure.  But the thing is I really never felt horrid.  I did all my usual stuff, even taking my new dance/exercise class last week.  But on Sunday I could tell that I was losing the battle.  I now had developed a cough.  But it was hard to tell if it was because I had to chair a meeting at church and talked A LOT all day long as a result.  But I figure there is only so long one should blast ones bod with zinc, so I had stopped the supplements. 

I woke Monday with almost no voice.  I woke yesterday with no voice at all.  Even downing a couple cups of super hot tea didn't do anything.  However my coworker is out sick because of her son so I had to come to work.  Also as the company that might be purchasing our site is here all this week and next meeting with tenants, it was not a great time to say "oh geez, the office is closed today!"  So I came to work.  It was fun.  I had vendors hang up on me because they could not hear me on the phone and thought it was a dead line.  I had residents asking "how do you feel."  Um geez if I had a voice I'd tell you.  LOL  Today I at least have a voice.  more or less. At least enough to let the world know I am still here.  Still working alone.  Sigh.

No comments: