Monday, November 1, 2010

Pumpkin Collection


This is the collection of pumpkins that adorned the end of our table on Halloween night!  I love that they are from years ago to the present.  The really pale orange one in the middle is one that belonged to my mom when she was a little girl.  I don't even know what the material is that it is manufactured from.  It almost feels like paper machie but not quite.  The teeny weeny pumpkin on the top of the orange pumpkin in the middle left is made of wax.  When I was very little, probably Lissa's age, we used to have a set of these.  My mom would put birthday candles in them and for a brief flickering moment, our table would look magical on Halloween supper night. There are a bunch of small plastic ones that Chet got growing up displayed there. The one with the witch on it, K made this year (she is so way clever) and the bigger funkins are the ones the kids did this year as well.  So we have pumpkins through the ages here at our house! LOL 

It was a great Halloween and we had so much fun.  I will try and put up a post later with the kids in their costume.  Blogger was arguing with me about uploading pics this a.m. so I only managed to get the pumpkin shot up.

1 comment:

Mama Drama Times Two said...

Cool display. I just love the silvery lavender one on the left.