Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sedate Saturday????

Today was supposed to be an "easy" day as KC has no dance class and the shopping at the market would be decidedly lighter.  Well first of all I decided that since there were some good sales on baking staples I would get those now.  So the shopping was not so light. Then we needed to bring the cemetary boxes down to the graves, do the banking and go to the library. Then we had to get birthday gifts for one of the kids friends to drop off later today, get Rob a new sleep shirt and shop for shoes for Lissa.

Have I mentioned I really hate shopping?  Well, we went to Sears and could not get service that was helpful.  Lissa tried on 3 pairs of shoes in the size they told me she was and swam in all of them.  Then there were 3 pairs of shoes we wanted to try and it turned out those were not in her size.  KC was starting to get hungry as we were approaching lunch time. Hungry children are not cooperative shoppers!  I made an executive decision to try another store in the mall.  We didn't even have to walk far to get there! LOL  I walked in, someone greeted me promptly, measured her up. Discovered the problem is she has a VERY narrow foot, so many of the trendy styles little girls like simply won't work for her.  But did walk out with 2 pairs of shoes, one dress, one sneaks that fit well.  And they had enough "bling" to meet her fashion requirements.  I'll pay for service every time guys.  Because I had left sears, I wound up buying Rob's sleep shirt which he needed at a different mall store and the birthday gifts at another different store.  They were more on our route at that  point than walking all the way back to the Sears.  I had thought we'd get it all done in that one store, but it was easier not to.

This afternoon I have promised the kids we will bake sugar cookies in holiday shapes.  They are ecstatic!

1 comment:

GB's Mom said...

I would be excited, too!